|Recipe: Radish Daikon and Carrot Pork Soup (青紅白蘿蔔瘦肉湯) || || |
Recipe type: Soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
- 1.5 lb of green radish (also called Chinese or Oriental Radish)
- 1 lb of daikon
- 1 lb of red carrots
- 1.5 lb of lean pork meat
- 1 tsp of Chinese south almonds
- 1/2 tsp of Chinese north almonds
- 2 slices of ginger
- 10 cups of water
- Boil a small pot of water to blanch the pork. Cut the meat to 2-inch cubes while the water cooks. Blanch, drain and set aside the pork.
- In a separate large pot, boil 10 cups of water.
- Peel and slice the green radish, daikon, and carrots to 1-inch thick slices. Rinse the Chinese almonds and set aside.
- When the soup water boils, put all ingredients into the pot. Cook covered on high heat for 5 minutes or until the soup water boils.
- Reduce the heat to Low and simmer for 2 hours. Set the timer. When ready, sprinkle a pinch of salt to taste and serve.
Green radish is said to be a cooling food. As such, pregnant women and those with a cold should drink this soup with caution.
Recipe by Chinese Soup Pot at http://www.chinesesouppot.com/1-soup-recipes/1125-radish-daikon-carrot-pork-soup