Ingredient Name: Yellow Chives. Also called Golden Chives and Albino Chives.
Ingredient Name in Chinese: 韭黃 (gau wōng)
- Yellow chives is an herb belonging to the onion family, and closely related to the garlic chives (also called Chinese chives, 韭菜)
- It has a milder and sweeter flavor and fragrance compared to the garlic chives.
- It is a popular ingredient in Asian cuisines.
Yellow Chives Uses and Health Benefits:
- Used mostly as a flavoring herb.
- Yellow chives are rich in calcium, fiber, protein, and vitamins A and C.
- They also contain vitamins B1 and B2.
- In Chinese medicine, chives are considered to be a yang or warming food.
- See a list of soup recipes using yellow chives.
- Rinse yellow chives thoroughly and trim off the tail end.
Where to buy:
- Asian grocery stores
- Garlic chives can be a fine substitute if yellow chives cannot be found.
How do you use your Yellow Chives? Leave a comment below to share your ideas.
|Link to this page from your site or recipe!
Just copy and paste the code below to your page:
|<a href=”http://www.chinesesouppot.com/?p=102″>Learn more about Yellow Chives here.</a>|