Ingredient Name: Green Radish (also called Chinese Radish, Japanese Radish, or Green Carrot)
Ingredient Name in Chinese: 青蘿蔔 (qíng luó bo)
- Green radish is a large edible vegetable root that can be between 6 – 14 inches long.
- It has a thin outer skin with mildly flavored firm green flesh inside.
- Green radish can be stored for several weeks if kept in a dry cool place.
Green Radish Benefits and Uses:
- Green radish is a common food ingredient in Asian cooking. They can be used in soups and stews.
- When cooked, green radish produces a mild distinct flavor.
- Green radish is high in fiber and low in fats and calories.
- Green radish has been said to aid with digestion.
- See a list of soup recipes using green radish.
- Rinse under cool water to wash away sand or any dirt debris before peeling the skin.
- Cut and discard both ends of the green radish.
Where to Buy:
- Green radish can be purchased in Asian supermarkets.
How do you use your Green Radish? Leave a comment below to share your ideas.
|Link to this page from your site or recipe!
Just copy and paste the code below to your page:
|<a href=”http://www.chinesesouppot.com/?p=1111″>Learn more about Chinese Green Radish here.</a>|